5 Reasons I’m Moving to Campus!
January 4, 2016|Deep Thoughts
It is my Senior Year, the last semester of my Senior Year to be exact. I am going on 22 years old, and as you may have read, have previously lived on my own before. Despite these factors, I am SO EXCITED TO MOVE TO CAMPUS!!! Seriously, this has been my dream ever since high school. My reasons for moving to campus, are not the common reasons I hear about. As I express in most of my posts, I do not want the typical college experience. I am not moving to campus to move away from my parents, to have more freedom, to party, or to have my own space. I am coming to campus for the following reasons:
- No Commuter Challenges- I will not have the constant struggle to find convenient parking or get stuck by the train and risk being late to class. I can spend late nights at the library or in class and not risk falling asleep behind the wheel driving home. I have flexible jobs so I can work from my dorm and not have to drive to five different towns in one day. I will save money on gas.
- Nearby Essentials– Too many times have I been stranded on campus when I needed a hoodie, have been uncomfortable in an outfit I was wearing, totally needed to shower, or forgot to put on deodorant… and now, it will all be right near by!! It will save me so much stress.
- Naps!– No longer will I have to take a quick nap in the Honors Lounge, Library, or my car. I’ve even tried to bribe my friends to let me crash in their dorm.
- Food– I love Chartwells food and I cannot wait to have access to it all the time (when it is open, of course) and for once not have to worry about finding enough food for myself!
- New Habits– A new environment is a perfect opportunity to start new habits. I can walk to the gym, get enough sleep, actually have a quiet place to study, and hopefully enforce healthy boundaries to balance my life!