New Year, New and Continued Resolutions
January 4, 2016|Deep Thoughts
I do not wait for a new year to start new resolutions. However, I will take the opportunity of a new semester to begin some new commitments and healthy habits. Here are a few of my resolutions, whether continued or new:
- Remain monogamous in my relationship. I am in a committed relationship, and although it is unconventional, I have committed to treat it otherwise. My commitment to my boyfriend is so much more a commitment to myself. I need to change my thinking: I don’t want to be looking at all men as a new opportunity for a relationship; I want to learn how to say no to dates; I want to be able to be clear with my intentions and not lead anyone on.
- Maintain sobriety. I made the choice to live a sober lifestyle on November 18th, 2015. I have made this decision before, but never really understood the importance of it. This time, its final.
- Take my medication regularly, on time.
- Plan to work out three times a week… and hopefully do more.
- Travel once a month. I have family in different areas I can always visit, I might as well make time to see them!
- Stick to my financial plan in order to start investing into my retirement plan by my 22nd birthday.
- Read my daily mediation books.
- Read at least one book a month, even if it is for school purposes.
- FOLLOW BOUNDARIES TO BALANCE MY LIFE.
- Wear my Fitbit everyday.
- Drink more water.
- Make a decision about Grad School.
Simple and to the point. I have already done most of these things, so it really is just about focusing on them for the new year. I think I will have trouble with number 6 the most, considering I want to fulfill number 5! What are your resolutions?