In nursing school, there is a heavy-load of readings. Nursing students have to know new terms, best practice, and case studies! This semester I will be more efficient with my readings by implementing these techniques on reading a textbook.
- Gaze over the chapter title, headings, and subheadings to get a general idea of will be presented.
- Skip to the chapter summary to get more sense of the chapter
- Review chapter questions
- Inspect the vocabulary list even if each term is not immediately identified, to focus on the generally ideas
- Pay extra attention to images and diagrams while reading. More information could made out of them than simply words
- Begin reading! Review content after each paragraph and begin to piece together the entire concept
- Answer the chapter questions again to test your knowledge